east barnet parish church header image

Organ

organ2 shThe organ at St Mary’s remains the principal instrument in leading worship week by week. It was originally built in 1920, and the building was extended to make room for the bellows on the north side of the chancel. It was given to the Church by the WH & E Vernon of Bohun Lodge, and dedicated in memory of their son WILLIAM HAMO VERNON, a Lieutent in the London Regiment who had been killed in action in France on 7th October, 1916. The organ was dedicated on Christmas Day, 1920.

As well as accompanying the singing in worship, the organ is used for concerts and recitals throughout the year. Please see the Recent Posts section of this website for more information.

ORGAN SPECIFICATION

Pedal

16 Violone
16 Sub bass
8 Principal
8 Bass flute
4 Octave
2 Super octave
16 Double trumpet
8 Trumpet
4 Clarion

Great

8 Open diapason
8 Stopped diapason
4 Principal
4 Harmonic flute
2 Fifteenth
1 1/3 Larigot
16 Double trumpet
8 Trumpet
4 Clarion
Octave

Swell

8 Rohr flute
8 Salicional
4 Principal
2 Blockflute
II Sesquialtera
III Plain jeu
8 Swell trumpet
16 Double trumpet
8 Trumpet
4 Clarion
Octave
Sub octave
Unison off
Tremulant

6 pistons to each manual and pedals and 6 general pistons.

Great and ped pistons combined, swell and pedal pistons combined.

Manual reverse.

The organ is Hill Norman and Beard, initially built in 1920 and rebuilt twice since.

Find us on